Terms and Conditions
River 94.9 CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COMPETITION 2018
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entrants into the River 94.9 Christmas Lights Competition (the Competition) will be deemed as having read the full terms and conditions before entry and as having accepted these terms and conditions.
- The Competition commences on Friday 2 November 2018 and entries must be received by closing date at 4pm on Wednesday 5 December 2018. No entries will be accepted after the close date. The decision of the Promoter to accept and reject an entry is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The “Promoter” means Ipswich City Council, ABN 61 461 981 07, of 45 Roderick St Ipswich 4305.
How to Enter:
- Entry into the River 94.9 Christmas Lights Competition is free and only available to residents, businesses and community organisations within the Ipswich City boundaries – Divisions 1 – 10.
- Entry forms are available online at ipswichchristmaslights.com.au
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Employees of Ipswich City Council and their immediate family are ineligible to win prizes – ‘immediate family’ being a person or persons dwelling in the same house. If employees or their immediate family enter the competition, they will be taken to agree to these terms and conditions for the purpose of having their Christmas lights promoted but acknowledge that they will not be competing for prizes.
- Entrants are required to have their light displays illuminated for public viewing and judging from 7.30pm to 9.30pm on Friday 7 December 2018 to Thursday 13 December 2018, and are encouraged to keep their lights on until Wednesday 26 December 2018. Christmas Light Tours will visit select properties on Thursday 13 December – Saturday 15 December.
- All entrants agree to allow the Promoter to publicise the address at which the entrants Christmas Lights will be displayed in media, including flyers and promotional material. Publication of these address details will only be for the purpose of promoting the Competition and no other personal information of entrants will be published.
- By entering this competition you agree to Ipswich City Council notifying you of details of this Competition, and future Christmas Lights competitions.
- All entrants agree to allow the Promoter to publicise photos of their display in media, including flyers and promotional material and that the Promoter is not required to pay a fee to for this use/purpose.
- All entrants must display the Official Christmas Lights Corflute Sign in a prominent illuminated position during the judging period. Corflute Signs can be collected from the Ipswich Visitor Information Centre, 14 Queen Victoria Parade, Ipswich.
- The Competition will be run in the following categories Best Residential, Best Street and Best Business/Organisation categories.
- At the time of entry Entrants must nominate which category of the Competition they are entering and upload a maximum of four (4) quality images as a part of the application. Eligible entries will be judged within and according to their nominated category and by reviewing the uploaded images of the entry. It is at the judge’s discretion whether they visit the properties of the entries.
- All eligible entries will automatically be entered into the People’s Choice Award section. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will be determined according to which entry receives the most votes lodged on-line at ipswichchristmaslights.com.au during the voting period which commences on 9am Friday 7 December 2018 and closes at 10pm Wednesday 12 December 2018.
- The voting parameters for all categories are based on: First impressions; Coverage – attractive use of light & colour; Showmanship – creativity & uniqueness/Christmas theme; Use of non-lighting decorations and Atmosphere.
GENERAL CATEGORY PRIZES:
- People’s Choice Award $ 1 000
- Best Residential $ 500 Winner / $250 Runner Up
- Best Street $ 500 Winner / $250 Runner Up
- Best Business/Organisation $ 500 Winner / $250 Runner Up
Total Prize Pool: $3250
- Prize values are GST inclusive and are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning the Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Limitation on entries: Entrants are limited to entering two categories per household/business (not including entry to the People’s Choice Award category which is automatic).
- Winning Entrants will be announced on Saturday 15 December at the Awards Presentation at Christmas Wonderland Nerima Gardens, Queens Park. Winning Entrants will be provided with a Direct Payment Agreement Form which they must complete and return via email to email@example.com by Monday 17 December 2018.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the River 94.9 Christmas Lights Competition, the decision of the Judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Judging of an entry will only apply to exterior displays and will be assessed from the front of the property.
- Displays may be a combination of Christmas lights and decorations only entries must not contain any material that is defamatory, discriminating, obscene, indecent, harassing, or threatening or is otherwise unlawful. Any entry that at the discretion of the Promoter is deemed to be offensive, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing, or threatening, will immediately be disqualified from entering the Competition. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final. No correspondence and/or discussion will be entered into.
- Entry to the “Best Street” category is conditional upon a minimum of four (4) houses on the same street entering the category. Each household entering this category must complete an individual entry form and tick the ‘Street Entry Box’ on the entry form.
- The misuse of electricity can cause injury or death. Entrants must not use any indoor lighting products outdoors, and must comply with the safety instructions on all electrical products used. Electrical safety is paramount and must be exercised at all times. Misuse of electricity could lead to your disqualification from the competition.
- Inspections by qualified electricians to check the safety of the entrant’s display are highly recommended, and will be the responsibility and at the expense of each entrant.
- Householder insurance policies should be checked by each entrant to ensure appropriate cover is included. All Entrants must have current Public Liability Insurance cover that protects you in relation to anything you propose doing as part of your participation in the River 94.9 Ipswich Christmas Lights Competition. Please check with your Insurer for correct cover amount. In the absence of current Public Liability cover, your entry will be disqualified. Ipswich City Council and its representatives accept no responsibility or liability for any actions or incidents related to or occurring during the River 94.9 Christmas Lights Competition at or near the property of any individual entrant.
- Entrants need to consider the impact their display will have on the safety of vehicular and pedestrian traffic and must plan to ensure that any risks are minimised.
- Entrants are not to use the footpath, electricity poles, nor any property outside their property boundary for any purpose of their display.
- Rental tenants must seek written permission from their landlords before entering this competition.
- For safety and security reasons the Promoter recommends that free-standing Christmas Lights/Props are designed so that they are able to be removed and secured overnight. The security of all aspects of the display is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
- The organisers and sponsors accept no responsibility for damage, injury, or theft which may occur as a result of your entry into this competition.
- Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions of Entry may lead to immediate disqualification of an entry and withdrawal of prizes.
- The River 94.9 Christmas Lights Competition is designed to encourage community participation and the spirit of giving and sharing. Entrants agree to enter the competition in the spirit in which it was intended and act accordingly.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, tampers with the entry process not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image to be photographed for advertising or marketing thereof, in any media and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, defect, theft or destruction or alteration of entries, howsoever caused, nor responsibility for property or personal and third party damage, injury or theft which may occur as a result of your entry into the River 94.9 Christmas Lights Competition.
- Collection Boxes are strictly prohibited unless the Entrant can provide a letter of authority from a registered charity and the charity details are prominently displayed on the premises.
- To the extent permitted by law, each entrant and the Prize winner (including any person that consumes the Prize with the Prize winner) irrevocably waives all rights against the Promoter and its related companies, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors or representatives (together, the ‘Indemnified Persons’) and releases and discharges the Indemnified Persons from all claims, liability, costs, expenses, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect or consequential and whether arising under statute, from negligence, personal injury, death, property damage or otherwise) arising from or in connection with the Competition or the Prize. These terms do not limit or exclude liability to the extent that liability cannot, by law, be limited or excluded.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor any of its related companies or associated agencies accepts any liability to the prize winner(s) or anyone else for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (including without limitation loss of profit, revenue or business and indirect, consequential, special or incidental loss or damage), relating to entry into the Competition or which is sustained in the course of accepting or using a prize.
- All entry forms submitted become the property of the Promoter.
- By participating in the Competition entrants agree that the Promoter may use the entrant’s personal information for the purposes of running the Competition and awarding Prizes. Council’s Privacy Statement and Personal Information Digest apply and are available at: